Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Response to Karissa`s post Disney Channel: A path to Failure

This quote was taken from Karissa`s blog post titled Disney Channel: A path to failure. The name of this post was the first thing that caught my eye. I thought it was very interesting that she had the same idea that I had about Disney Channel.


I remember when Hilary Duff was like the Miley Cyrus of today... The only reason that Lindsay Lohan is still talked about is because she's a mess and is on all kinds of drugs. I guess my point in writing this is to state my opinion that most acting careers that start on TV stations like the Disney Channel don't tend to last too long.
Also, from what I've seen from watching TV, once you've been on the Disney Channel or some other teeny bopper TV channel it seems like it is very hard to break away from the little kid image that you begin with. For example, Miley Cyrus started acting in Hannah Montana when she was about only 13 or 14. Now, I think she is almost 18 and is trying to perform for a different aged group audience.

My sister is an avid Hannah Montana watcher and she has mentioned to me that the structure of the show has changed as the series is winding down. In the show she started as a younger teen and now she has moved on to a senior in high school and after this season, Hannah Montana: Forever, the series will be over. As stated in the quote, the Disney channel stars` careers end soon after the teenage years. When Miley Cyrus`s television show is over she will probably not try to cater to kids in her songs, music videos, and concerts because her contract with Disney would be over.

In Karissa`s examples of former Disney stars she states that Lindsay Lohan was a drug user and we just don’t hear about any other old star because i think Disney keeps them famous and gives them ways to promote them.

No comments:

Post a Comment