Friday, October 1, 2010

Response to Cristian's Post about Supermarket Storms

    On my day off from school, I was browsing Google reader and I came across a quote from Cristian’s blog that reminded me of the excitement of going to the supermarket as a young child.
“You, know world, I really fantasy the Simulated rain and storm at the produce section of every Grocery store. I think it is really awesome. All of a sudden, the flashing LED lights of the produce section flash like a police siren lights, it never ends. Then the simulated sounds of thunder ring through out the grocery store. I really like the fact of having a fake storm in the produce section of a Safeway, etc. The way people react to it is all so fun to see. little kids, and even some adults (don't be shy) all put there hand in the water for what ever reason. It is something that you should experience any time during your life.”
    I can remember when I didn't want to get dragged to the store with my mom, but she insisted. One of the points she used to persuade me was “You can see the veggie rain.” With that argument i could never refuse going to the store. As Cristian mentioned in his post, it was always exciting to here the mock thunder from all the way across the store and then running to it. The GOAL  was to dodge people with carts and carefully maneuver around fruit formations as to to not topple them over.
    Once the younger version of me made it to the wondrous place that was the produce section, I would LOGICALLY  position my self under one of the sprinkler heads so would get the optimal amount of “rain”. When the red light started to flash, I knew i was in for a very light shower with all of the healthy fruits and vegetables. The very fine mist came and refreshed me from the stuffy air of the super market.
    It was very interesting to read about Cristian’s experience with the exciting “store storms” and how i had a similar view on the same topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment